Wilson Elser's Houston Office seeks a Nurse Paralegal.
This is an excellent opportunity for healthcare professionals seeking to expand their careers and who are interested in gaining fast-paced professional experience with a national law firm. Paralegal training will be provided if needed.
Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm that faithfully serves our clients with more than 1,000 attorneys, across 42 offices in the United States and one in London. Founded in 1978, we rank among the top 200 law firms identified by The American Lawyer and 53rd in The National Law Journal's survey of the nation's largest law firms.
- Licensed RN and Bachelor Degree Required
- Nurse Paralegal or Medical Litigation Paralegal experience a plus, but paralegal training will be provided if needed
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary software systems and databases
- Strong written communication skills, including business writing and grammar
- Excellent organizational skills and a team player
- Ability to integrate into a fast-paced environment, manage deadlines and adapt to changing priorities to meet client needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Analyze and summarize medical records
- Create medical chronologies and narrative summaries of medical records
- Create billing record summaries in Excel
- Determine, prepare and organize materials needed for expert witness review
- Conduct investigative research on expert witnesses
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent Benefits including a 401k match
- Generous PTO plan
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Corporate Discount Plans
Wilson Elser is a firm who focuses their commitment to both their clients and you! Please consider joining our team by sending your credentials to and putting "Houston Nurse Paralegal" in the subject line.
We believe in creating a work environment free of barriers and bias, where individual outlooks and talents are respected and valued. Our firm's policy is to ensure an equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law.