S&C Electric Company is a specialist in electric power switching and protection. This position is responsible for buying and planning activities for multiple product lines. The position located at the Franklin, Wisconsin facility., coordinates our drop shipment program to safely deliver quality products on time to our customers. You will work with key suppliers to have product shipped direct to our customers. You will join a team of planning and purchasing professionals committed to the success of the company.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Schedule sales orders
- Execute procurement transactions including purchase orders, blanket releases, reschedules/changes, and expediting for production materials.
- Create purchase orders and perform reschedules for production items.
- Coordinate the drop shipment program with key suppliers
- Process dispositions on non-conforming material reports and execute returns to suppliers.
- Coordinate the implementation of new and revised purchased items with Production Planning, assuring supplier deliveries meet production schedules and cutovers.
- Commitment to provide outstanding service to internal customers at S&C, and to deal with suppliers in accordance with S&C's Guiding Principles.
- Expedite purchase orders from suppliers as required.
- Setup item attributes related to purchasing the item.
- Effectively process NMR.
- Work with Production Planning, Global Sourcing, and Suppliers on problem-solving activities.
- Create purchase requisitions.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Associate's degree, in business, or related field. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year on a planning/buyer role in a manufacturing setting
- ERP/MRP User (Oracle preferred or applicable experience).
- Ability to maintain accurate records - must have strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel or Power BI
- Ability to work independently in a service-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and analytical capabilities.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, with customers and at all levels of the organization.
- Basic understanding of order modifiers and other item purchasing attributes.
- Basic understanding of routings and bills of material.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Some tasks are performed in a standing position.
- Lifting: Occasional lifting of items up to 35 pounds.
- Walking: Occasional walking of moderate distances (1 mile) within the S&C complex, customer locations, etc.
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of items associated within a normal office environment.
- Pushing: Occasional pushing of items associated within a normal office environment.
- Pulling: Occasional pulling of items associated within a normal office environment.
- Bending: Occasional bending associated with a normal office environment.
- Reaching: Occasional reaching associated with a normal office environment.
- Handling: Frequent use of a PC keyboard and mouse.
- Environment: Regular office environment within a manufacturing facility.