In this job you will mold a variety of epoxy parts and may perform other tasks such as sandblasting and painting of molded epoxy parts. You will work in a production environment, engage in continuous productive activity, and must meet requirements within time constraints driven by machine cycles ranging from 7 minutes to 22 minutes. Tasks require a high degree of eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity, and the use of both hands and arms on a repetitive basis for a full range of motion. You will frequently use hand and power tools such as knives, scrapers, engravers and air-impact tools.
The work associated with this job includes but is not limited to the following:
- Cleaning molds to prepare them for production cycle.
- Using a variety of rods, spacers and inserts to set up molding machines to produce epoxy insulator ranging from 21 lbs. to 40 lbs. in weight. (Lengths range from 2 inches to 2 feet.).
- Cycling molding machine and monitoring its progress while performing secondary operations such as deflashing, inspection, visual and mechanical application of lubricating grease, and packaging of finished product.
- Transporting tubs of inserts and finished molded parts.
- Sandblasting and paint parts.
- Proficiency in the use of simple material handling equipment, hand tools, power tools, and simple gauges and instruments to check critical dimensions.
- In this job you will be required to participate in a medical surveillance program coordinated by S&C's health service professionals.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Ability to use basic math.
- Ability to work from ordinary drawings and specifications.
- Ability to use a variety of hand-held tools and air-impact tools.
Relevant Experience Required: Less than one year experience.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with intermittent walking.
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Walking: Occasional walking moderate distances (less than 1/8 mile).
- Carrying: Frequent carrying of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 25 lbs.
- Pushing: Occasional use of hand truck to move parts a moderate distance.
- Pulling: Occasional use of hand truck to move parts a moderate distance.
- Bending: Occasional bending required to complete the packing tasks.
- Reaching: Continuous full range of motion from above the shoulders to below the knees.
- Handling: Continuous handling of parts ranging from 5 lbs. to 50 lbs. along with a variety of hand tools.
- Other: Respirator certification required.