The Teacher Assistant in our Sandpipers Program will promote the optimal development and well-being of children through family-centered childcare and assist in the planning and implementation of developmentally appropriate programs which emphasizes learning through play.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Assist the Teacher in the classroom.
* Demonstrates a professional manner through promptness, proper notification of tardiness or absence, maintaining a professional appearance and attitude, and proper respect for the program and agency.
* Maintains a safe, sanitary, warm, stimulating, and inviting environment.
* Possesses the skills necessary to manage an Early Childhood classroom, while always providing appropriate supervision of children.
* Assists, supports, and receives guidance from classroom teacher or Associate Teacher in daily operations.
* Be an integral part of curriculum planning.
* Develops plans which meet the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive needs of each child.
* Assists in the development of monthly curriculum.
* Maintains a professional demeanor by acting as a role model.
* Assists in the implementation of daily activities based on the children's individual assessments.
* Oversees children's activities interacting directly with groups and individuals.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Experience in a Child Care setting preferred.
* Must meet all state licensing regulations and requirements.
* Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
* Ability to communicate and effectively interact with a diverse population.
* The ideal candidate will be required to meet all pre-employment requirements such as background checks and medical clearances.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week