This position is in the Operations Unit for the Department of Internal Medicine and as such reports directly to the Operations Manager. However, Financial Analyst III's will also provide some overview and guidance on day to day transactions. Under general supervision, provides analytical support to develop and implement the annual operating budget for a large, complex department which includes an administrative unit, 13 divisions, and has a total of 18 operating budgets. This position gathers and analyzes financial data from a variety of revenue and expense streams to prepare and summarize information and/or recommendations. Using financial data to make reasonable conclusions in your daily responsibilities.
This position is also responsible for the monthly reconciliation of department and external sources agreements needed for the Department Detail Report (DDR) which is provided to the Chair and Division Chiefs and outlines profit/loss by division. In addition, this position will provide support by analyzing all operating, reserve and general fund accounts for each division, section and central administration.Responsible for GL transaction review analysis and correction, as well as ability to book nancial entries in our nancial system of record and provide assistance in scal year end close activities. In addition, the incumbent will process correcting payroll entries and be responsible for budget review approval of all departmental purchasing activities.Point of Contact for the Department in receiving/reviewing all the Business Agreement Requests through C360.Works with the Operations Manager and Financial Analyst III to book required entries for fiscal year end close. While not completely independent, has the ability to work independently to a great extent and relies on own judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals.
Together with the Financial Analyst III, this position prepares additional monthly financial summaries, trends, and ad hoc reports as needed. Provides support for all activities and management of revenue contracts, agreements, and memorandums of understanding (MOUs) for each division, section, and central administration.
Apply By Date
October 6, 2023 at 11:59pm
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or a combination of experience, education and/or training.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate verbally and in writing to establish and maintain good rapport with staff, faculty, co-workers, and vendors. Provide excellent customer service including responsiveness, support, and appreciation of the staff, faculty, and vendors. Resolves issues and can anticipate the need for further action needed or desired.
- Working knowledge and experience in budget preparation, analysis, and forecasting with the ability to control complex budgets and recognize potential problems. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and University accounting policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of University contract, agreement, and MOU policies and procedures. Knowledge and experience in the management of accounts receivable, collections and account management.
- Ability to analyze financial data and computer reports in order to draw meaningful conclusions. Ability to solve problems quickly. Must have strong organizational skills with changing priorities and demanding workload and to use independent judgment to make logical decisions. Must have an understanding of the urgency of various tasks or inquires and the ability to adjust priorities as needed.
- Intermediate skills in using Microsoft Excel and Word for Windows. Ability to learn Department and School of Medicine accounting software and other software for spreadsheets, word processing, and database management.
- Analytical skills by independently and tactfully assume responsibility for coordination and completion of complex projects requiring interactions with many individuals in our organizational structure.
- Ability to work with general supervision and direction and to take the initiative to follow up on projects.
- Ability to function well in a team environment by utilizing available resources and building strong, professional relationships with other team members. The desire to work cohesively to ensure unit goals and expectations are met and exceeded.
- Ability to maintain condentiality, exercise discretion, use independent and mature judgment, work independently with minimal supervision, and commit to excellence.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within UC and G.A.A.P. Rely on judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals and complete various analysis and correcting entries.
The Department of Internal Medicine is one of 23 departments at the UC Davis School of Medicine and part of the UC Davis Health System. As the largest clinical department, internal medicine includes 13 divisions, 300 faculty and academics, 300 support staff and 142 physicians in training. This position is in the operations unit for the Department of Internal Medicine and as such reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Salary or Pay Range: $28.35 - $50.77
- Salary Frequency: Hourly
- Salary Grade: 20
- Number of Positions: 1
- Appointment Type: Career
- Percentage of Time: 100%
- Shift Hours: 08 Hours
- Location: Sacramento, CA
- Union Representation: No
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Hybrid/Remote/On-Site: On-Site
Learn more about our benefits and rules around benefits
- High quality and low-cost medical plans to choose from to fit your family's needs
- UC pays for Dental and Vision insurance premiums for you and your family
- Extensive Maternity and Paternity Leave Benefits
- 14 paid Holidays annually
- Vacation and Sick Leave accrual
- Annual Tuition Remission and Discounts for eligible positions
- Paid time off for Professional Development Training
- Access to free professional development courses and learning opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Wellness and on-site Employee Assistance Program including access to free mental health services
- Supplemental insurance offered including additional life, disability, short/long term disability, pet insurance and legal coverage
- Retirement benefit options including Pension, 403B, 475B and Deferred Compensation options for eligible roles
- UC Davis cares about building a community, which is why we provide resources to enhance as well as (ERGs) to support our staff
- This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California , as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At UC Davis, we're solving life's most urgent challenges to bring a fuller, healthier, and more resilient world within reach. We grow from every challenge we take on and we don't just maintain - we improve. We recognize that creating an inclusive and intellectually vibrant organization means understanding and valuing both our individual differences and our common ground. The most comprehensive solutions come from the most diverse minds, and you belong here.
As you consider joining UC Davis, please explore our , our and for research and education, and our latest efforts to . The advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Because we want you to be seen, our recruiting process at UC Davis fosters authenticity, diversity, and inclusion. Studies have shown that some people may not apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Each unique role at UC Davis has a set of requirements and you could be perfect for this role, or you could be perfect for the next role! Don't meet all the requirements? We still encourage you to apply! #YouBelongHere