Job posting has expiredBack to search results
AP Administrative Supervisor 1 (Admin Supv 1)
| University of California- Davis Health|
|vision insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, sick time, long term disability|
United States, California, Sacramento
|September 23, 2023|
SOM: Surgery - Sacramento Campus
Under general supervision, this position is expected to work with a significant amount of independence and is called upon as a departmental resource to a large number of faculty. The AP Admin Supervisor 1 supervises the Academic Personnel team, which includes 4 Academic HR Analyst IIs. The Admin Supervisor serves as a department subject matter expert and has oversight of the administrative processing for all Academic Personnel matters for 3-5 divisions within the Department of Surgery and serves as back up to 7 other Divisions. The Divisions are located throughout the UC Davis Medical Center and UC Davis Campus. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for managing the processing of Volunteer Clinical Faculty, and Memorandums of Understandings (MOU) with Veterans Administration Faculty.
This incumbent manages the complete processing of recruitment, advancement, and reappointment of all academic personnel, both Academic Senate, and Academic Federation. Initiates paperwork for faculty recruitments, provides expert consultation regarding policy and academic series requirements and the onboarding of faculty. Serves as a liaison between the Department and the Academic Personnel Dean's office, and UCDHS Human Resources. The Academic Personnel Analyst provides, interprets, and monitors information and interprets policy as it pertains to Academic Personnel.
The incumbent manages the academic review process, merits, promotions, appointments, leaves, and compensation matters related to academic appointees. Provides expert advice on problematic promotion actions in addition to providing PeopleSoft and PPS administration, planning, organizing, and MyInfoVault updates for academic actions.
The incumbent also manages Med Staff privileges, billing, proctoring, and visa processing for assigned divisions. The incumbent will manage the recruitment and hiring process for the Advance Practice Providers for the Department of Surgery.
Apply By Date
10/06/2023; Interviews and recruiting process may occur at any time
* Knowledge of academic personnel and academic personnel administration experience.
* Knowledge of academic recruitment policies and processes
* Knowledge of merit, review, and promotion policies for academic appointees.
* Knowledge of academic series, classifications, and requirements
* Knowledge of: physician subspecialties, medical staff administration, professional billing packets, volunteer faculty, accounting functions, and database management.
* Ability to appropriately establish workload priorities, organization skills to prioritize and adhere to all deadlines
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction, proofreading, attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with administrative personnel and faculty
* Ability to make presentations to large groups clearly, and concisely.
* Understanding and knowledge of UC policies and procedures including deadlines, standards, forms, academic personnel policies, staff personnel policies, accounting, and payroll matters.
* Familiarity with or ability to learn personnel regulations governing Academic Senate, Academic Federation and gradate student titles.
* Ability to evaluate systems and procedures and to design and process improvement programs.
* Knowledge of office policies and procedures sufficient to effectively perform job and utilize available recourses, provide leadership to others the department.
* Strong analytic skills with proven ability to analyze and interpret data and policies and the impact of such policies on the Department.
* Ability to work with computers and knowledge of computer programs including Windows, MS Office, PPS, Decision Support, People Soft, MyInfoVault.
* Exceptional organizational skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong administrative and management skills.
* Must be capable of functioning independently while keeping composure and flexibility in an environment of frequent interruptions, and conflicting priorities.
* Speak, well enough to communicate calmly yet effectively with a diverse multicultural community.
* Hear well enough to receive direction and answer the telephone.
* See well enough to read from a computer screen, various handwritten and /or printed material.
* Knowledge and commitment to Academic Affirmative Action goals.
The Department of Surgery encompasses a wide variety of surgical specialties. These include bariatric surgery, burn surgery, colorectal surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, hepatobiliary surgery, endocrine surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, transplant surgery, trauma, acute care and surgical critical care surgery, vascular surgery, and oncologic surgery. The Department's extensive surgical expertise, in combination with ongoing teaching and research activities, provide ample resources and advanced surgical techniques for patient care.
* Salary or Pay Range: $2,494.25 - $4,471.26
* Salary Frequency: Biweekly
* Salary Grade: 21
* Payroll Title: ADMIN SUPV 1
* Number of Positions: 1
* Appointment Type: Career
* Percentage of Time: 100%
* Shift Hours: Monday -Friday; 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
* Location: North Addition Building
* Union Representation: No
* Benefits Eligible: Yes
* Hybrid/Remote/On-Site: On-Site
* High quality and low-cost medical plans to choose from to fit your family's needs
* UC pays for Dental and Vision insurance premiums for you and your family
* Extensive Maternity and Paternity Leave Benefits
* 14 paid Holidays annually
* Sick Leave
* Paid time off
* Continuing Education (CE)
* Annual Tuition Discounts and Learning & Development Courses for eligible positions
* Paid time off for Professional Development Training
* Access to free professional development courses and learning opportunities for personal and professional growth
* Wellness and on-site Employee Assistance Program including access to free mental health services
* Supplemental insurance offered including additional life, disability, short/long term disability, pet insurance and legal coverage
* Retirement benefit options for eligible roles including Pension and other Retirement Saving Plans. More information on our retirement benefits can be found
* UC Davis cares about building a community, which is why we provide resources to enhance as well as (ERGs) to support our staff
* Learn more about our benefits and eligibility rules around our benefits
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* This position is a critical position and subject to a background check and drug screen. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history, identity checks and drug screen.
* As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California , as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At UC Davis, we're solving life's most urgent challenges to bring a fuller, healthier, and more resilient world within reach. We grow from every challenge we take on and we don't just maintain - we improve. We recognize that creating an inclusive and intellectually vibrant organization means understanding and valuing both our individual differences and our common ground. The most comprehensive solutions come from the most diverse minds, and you belong here.
As you consider joining UC Davis, please explore our , our and for research and education, and our latest efforts to . The advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Because we want you to be seen, our recruiting process at UC Davis fosters authenticity, diversity, and inclusion. Studies have shown that some people may not apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Each unique role at UC Davis has a set of requirements and you could be perfect for this role, or you could be perfect for the next role! Don't meet all the requirements? We still encourage you to apply! #YouBelongHere