Ogilvy was founded in 1948 by David Ogilvy. David created a culture that deeply respects and cares about its people and clients. Our mission is to inspire people and brands to make an impact and we are committed to attracting, growing, and retaining the best talent in the industry.
About the Role
Ogilvy is seeking a Social Strategist to work on a portfolio of iconic food brands. This candidate will wear two hats: building brand-owned social channels as the Social lead, while supporting our Strategy team to ensure we're achieving clients' broader business objectives.
They must demonstrate a strong understanding of social platforms, best practices and social listening tools. They should be comfortable forming client-facing recommendations, building social plans and partnering with cross-discipline teams to bring ideas to life. Additionally, this candidate will work closely with the Strategy team to continuously improve strategic direction and recommended activities for broader campaign work.
What You'll Do
- Support team in social strategy development, content planning and content optimizations for brand-owned social channels
- Understand best practices with paid amplification to ensure content is optimized for efficiency and effectiveness
- Identify and pursue quick-turn opportunities to engage with consumers and other brands via owned social channels, ensuring brand tone-of-voice is carried through
- Lead social content development and recommendations, including engagement and posting cadence
- Maintain library of content/imagery and plan months ahead on quarterly content calendars
- Assist with evolving our framework and guardrails used for agile opportunities
- Support agency partners in sharing assets and content creator work across brand-owned channels
- Conduct online research and social media monitoring using a variety of social listening tools
- Closely follow emerging social platforms, trends and engagement features to keep the brands at the forefront of conversation
- Measure campaign effectiveness using a variety of social analytics tools and industry benchmarks
- Translate business and brand objectives into social objectives, using industry benchmarks as a guide
- Support creation of break-through brand strategy, inform creative briefs, and guide development and presentation of creative
- Outline opportunities for content amplification by way of segmentation and contextualization
- Map all audience segments per social platform based on communication objectives and KPIs
- Inform the retargeting and general tagging strategy based on client requirements, including conversion tracking, page level conversion rate (funnel conversion), and re-engagement of people that did not convert with specific messages based on their last stage in the conversion funnel
- Design and implement research projects to address client business issues, gain insight into target audiences and test ad concepts
- Support in conducting culture, consumer and competitor audits
- Support broader thought leadership by analyzing brand behaviors and industry trends
What You'll Need
- 1-3 years experience in social marketing or strategic planning, with proven examples of strategies developed within the social media space
- Social listening background preferred (including familiarity with Netbase or similar tool)
- Understanding of social media and the wider digital communications landscape
- Passion for the evolving digital/social media environment with a strong point of view to share with clients and colleagues
- Deep curiosity and insight into human behavior; an instinct for popular culture, and a nuanced understanding of creative work
- Passion for advertising and being part of a team to make world-class work
- Ability to work closely with clients and foster relationships on behalf of the agency
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently and within a team
- Resourceful problem-solving skills
- A quick learner with a strong sense of curiosity
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, especially in high pressure situations
- Strong work ethic with superior attention to detail
- Bonus: Previous experience working with Food & Beverage and/or CPG brands
How We'll Support You
Ogilvy celebrates its people. Fully. Enthusiastically. Unhesitatingly. We'll empower you with the tools you'll need to succeed. We'll give you the autonomy to seek out new paths and better ways of doing things. We'll support you with colleagues who are experts in their disciplines, drawn from across the Ogilvy network. And we'll provide opportunities for you to do work of which you'll be proud, with people you'll be proud to call your teammates.
At Ogilvy, our people are at the heart of what we do: a creative agency that sparks game-changing ideas across culture and business through collaboration, integrity, and a celebration of self-expression.
We believe in building powerful teamswithpurpose. This means hiring and nurturing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identities - and we relentlessly curate transformative initiatives that make our commitment to fairness, and equity a reality.
Our ultimate mission is to leave a positive impact on the world, creating a better future for all, while supporting and uplifting the global communities we serve. This is central to our mantra of Borderless Creativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.