Justrite Safety Group is a growing family of industrial safety companies. Together we protect workers, workplaces and the environment with a comprehensive range of industrial safety solutions. All Justrite Safety Group portfolio companies are united by deep safety knowledge, long experience, and a commitment to protecting people, property, and the planet.
The Group Controller will play a vital role in JSG's global finance transformation. The position will be responsible for overseeing the financial performance of multiple business (Environmental Solutions, Industrial Matting & Safety Identification). This includes financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, compliance and providing strategic advice to senior management. The Group Controller plays a key role in ensuring accurate and timely financial information for decision-making while at the same time driving a controlled environment that ensures integrity within the business unit's financial statements. In addition, this position will also take a lead role in helping drive improvements in our pricing policies and procedures.
The Group Controller will report directly to the Director of Finance as part of our Finance Operations organization. This position will have direct supervisory responsibilities for multiple Site Controllers. Position will be a key part of our finance transformation initiatives.
* Financial Reporting:
o Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for each entity within the group.
o Ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with accounting standards.
o Consolidate financial statements for the entire group, reflecting the combined financial position and performance.
o Help drive focused insights into key drivers of site operational performances (PPV, absorption impact and key cost drivers)
* Budgeting and Forecasting:
o Develop and manage the budgeting process for each entity, coordinating with Site Controllers and Business Unit General Managers to establish the appropriate financial targets.
o Monitor performance against budgets and forecasts, providing insights and recommendations for improvement.
* Compliance and Regulatory Reporting:
o Ensure compliance with local, national, and company-wide fiscal policies.
o Coordinate as needed with JSG's Tax Manager to ensure compliance across our relevant tax positions.
* Financial Analysis and Strategic Planning:
o Provide financial analysis and insights to support strategic decision-making by senior management.
o Evaluate investment opportunities, mergers, acquisitions, and other strategic initiatives.
* Internal Controls and Risk Management:
o Help implement and maintain effective internal controls to safeguard company assets and ensure financial integrity.
o Identify and mitigate financial risks through proactive analysis and control measures.
* Team Management and Development:
o Lead and mentor a team of financial professionals responsible for subsidiary-level accounting and reporting
o Foster a culture of continuous learning and development within the finance team.
* Stakeholder Communication:
o Communicate financial performance, trends, and forecasts to senior management and other relevant stakeholders.
o Act as strategic business partner for Business Unit General Managers helping drive business performance.
o Present financial information to the board of directors, executive team, and external partners as necessary
* Systems and Technology Integration:
o Where needed, help oversee the implementation and integration of financial systems and technology platforms to enhance efficiency and accuracy in financial reporting.
* Strategic Price Support:
o Partner with Product Management to help drive analytic based analysis of JSG pricing traction.
o Help drive standard processes and procedures of JSC pricing activities. Inclusive of continuing to drive the implementation and adoption of PriceFX.
* Bachelor's degree in finance, Accounting, or related field. CPA or MBA preferred.
* 10+ years or progressive experience in financial management and reporting roles
* Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial regulations, and compliance standards. Demonstrated knowledge of cost accounting principles and drivers of plant variances
* Proficiency in financial software and ERP systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle, Frontier, etc.)
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
* Demonstrated leadership and team management abilities.
We offer excellent comprehensive benefits that include:
* Medical, Dental & Vision benefits
* Health Care Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
* Paid time off including vacation & personal time
* 401K - with company match. Both pretax and Roth options available
* Company paid Short Term Disability
* Company paid Long Term Disability
* Company paid Employee Assistance Program
* Employee Wellness Program