SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Set-Up Technician is responsible for supporting the Tooling Manager with preventative maintenance, mold repair, mold maintenance and continuous improvement on all processes as well as other duties as assigned. Must be willing to purchase appropriate hand tools for mold/equipment maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude by successfully completing a molding operation and processing comprehension test.
- Will operate and diagnose IM machines and automated downstream equipment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Mold wipe downs and basic preventative maintenance
- Basic tool repair and pull/set tools on molds
- Press color changes and continuity
- Press hopper setup and repair
- Troubleshoot machine/process problems and correct in a timely manner
- Direct machine operator and assist in the training of new machine operators
- Ability to perform thorough quality checks and perform tasks with accuracy.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Follow all policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast paced and team environment
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and skills to disassemble, identify issues and perform basic repairs to Injection molds
- Ability to install and start up injection molds
- Ability to set-up down stream automation and part removal systems
- Demonstrates understanding and capability to process injection molded plastics components, leveraging de-coupled and scientific molding practices
- Other job duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Five years prior molder experience required.
- Time management skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 55-60 lbs at continuous intervals throughout the day.
The work environment is in a manufacturing facility with moderate noise level.