Senior Manager Dangerous Goods
|# of Openings
Atlas Air, Inc
|Employment Type (Portal Display)
Ensure compliance with domestic and international dangerous goods regulations set forth by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), International Air Transport Association (IATA) and other relevant regulatory authorities. Interact with domestic and international governmental agencies and maintain effective and efficient policies and procedures. Oversee the safe and compliant handling, storage and transportation of dangerous goods for the Company. Oversee strategic planning, implementation, correspondence, tracking and oversight of Regulatory Compliance programs at Atlas.
Manage the approval and rejection process of transport requests, interacting with domestic and international authorities to obtain Dangerous Goods and Special Loads exemptions and approvals.
- Oversee dangerous goods regulatory compliance and overall strategic planning, implementation, correspondence, tracking, and oversight of Regulatory Compliance programs
- Recommends and implements new/corrective measures to ensure compliance with internal and external policy.
- Oversee the management of the Dangerous Goods country permission process, including obtaining necessary permits and approvals for international transport.
- Act as a liaison with the Department of Defense (DoD) and Air Mobility Command (AMC) on air transport matters pertaining to dangerous goods, ensuring compliance with their specific requirements.
- Develop, update, and maintain comprehensive Dangerous Goods Policy and Procedure in alignment with US and international regulations, including FAA, ICAO, IATA, and other relevant authorities.
- Provide oversight and management of the day-to-day operations of the Dangerous Goods Department, ensuring strict adherence to regulations and standards for the safe transport of dangerous goods.
- Manage and oversee the Company's Dangerous Goods 24/7 Hotline, serving as the primary point of contact for dangerous goods-related inquiries and concerns.
- Review and enhance the content of Dangerous Goods Training Programs for Ground Operations, Flight Operations, and Maintenance personnel, incorporating the latest regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Communicate and provide expert advice on operational requirements and concerns based on thorough analysis of daily activities and briefings.
- Administer tasks assigned to the Dangerous Goods Supervisors & Specialists, delivering comprehensive training and support to ensure proficiency in dangerous goods handling.and provide training and support accordingly.
- Administer the content of the Dangerous Goods Manual (DGM) including applicable interfaces.
- Support the Dangerous Goods Auditing process (documentation, emergency procedures, training, facilities, and compliance) for the Company, including the ones extending to our Customers, ground handlers and vendors.
- Control data collection tools and maintain relevant data relevant to Dangerous Goods transport, critical tasks and events, including discrepancies, incidents or accidents.
- Liaison with DoD and AMC on air transport DG matters.
- Maintain and update Dangerous Goods Emergency response and procedures for in-flight or ground emergencies.
- Manage the allocated budget for Dangerous Goods and Emergency Response, ensuring optimal resource allocation and compliance with financial guidelines.
- Foster relationships and collaborate with domestic and international organizations involved in dangerous goods transport and regulations, staying updated on industry trends, emerging regulations, and best practices.
- Represent the Company in training seminars and regulatory conferences, actively participating to ensure up-to-date compliance with evolving aviation regulations and industry standards.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement
"Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal" Poster
The "EEO Is The Law" Poster