Facilities Safety and Security Assistant
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Full-Time Regular (FTR)
LOCATION: Oak Ridge, TN
SALARY RANGE: $15.38 to $20.57 per hour
Responsible for supporting the Facilities and Transportation Department (FTD) Logistics Group with various operational tasks such as leading shredding procedures, property inventory, furniture, equipment, and property moves, fleet movements, mail and package deliveries, and related tasks. When scheduled to perform security support functions, ensures all Oak Ridge Associated Universities/Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORAU/ORISE) facilities and grounds are secure and enforces all ORAU/ORISE rules and regulations on persons entering premises. Responds to matters of security and safety concerns (e.g., alarms, distress, hazardous conditions). Maintains a safe working environment for all employees.
Conducts physical shredding task within the Records Holding Center under the guidance of the Records Management Team Lead and Senior Administrative Clerk.
Records and Fleet Management Support:
- Provides support to the Records Management Team Lead and Senior Administrative Clerk by assisting with Records Deliveries and Pickups, maintaining the order of the Records Holding Center and various fleet movement tasks.
Shipping and Receiving Support:
- Provides mail service and shipping and receiving operations support including pickups, deliveries, and warehouse tasks.
Property Management Support:
- Provides support to the Property Management Specialist related to property inventories, excess property pickups, property reuse deliveries and relocations, and property shipments.
Safeguards and Security Support:
- Provides security surveillance for ORAU/ORISE facilities to guard against and report theft, fire, vandalism, equipment malfunction, and unauthorized persons. When incidents occur, notifies the proper responding authority. Checks all doors, windows, gates, and locks to ensure that they are secure.
- Investigates any suspicious vehicles or persons on ORAU site. Escorts unauthorized persons from the sites and warns trespassers. Contacts local police department for response and assistance as necessary.
- Contacts appropriate on-call maintenance personnel, as needed for repairs of buildings, facilities, equipment, or the emergency responses alarm. Prepares special incident reports by supplying all pertinent details surrounding any incidents or maintenance items that require attention.
- Conducts required badge checks and searches of hand carried items. Implements additional measures as required by heightened security conditions.
High school diploma or equivalent and 1-2 years' experience. Higher level education above minimum may count for additional experience.
- Must have a valid Tennessee Driver's license to operate a government/corporate vehicle, be 19 years of age or older, and pass a driving record background check.
- Must be over the age of 19 to operate Government and Corporate vehicles and receive approval by Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) by completing the ORAU Motor Vehicle Safety Program.
- Must have or be able to obtain a State of Tennessee Unarmed Guard License.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate Department of Energy (DOE) clearance.
- Must be able to perform walkthroughs of all facilities at least twice each shift.
- Must be able to work 12 hours each shift for seven consecutive shifts as scheduled.
- Must be able to utilize smart cell phone for communication.
- Must be an effective communicator when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Must have the ability to identify problems and report them to management.
- Must have good customer service techniques with demonstrated organizational skills.
- Must display strong attention to detail.
- This position must follow all Facilities and Transportation Department (FTD) Job Hazard Analyses (JHA), policies and procedures, internal job aids, and daily directions given by the Records Property and Relocation Services (RPRS), Transportation Services (TS) Group Manager, and Physical Security Manager.
- General familiarity with ORAU facilities, personnel, processes.
- Experience with following instructions and meeting deadlines.
*The candidate's starting salary will be determined upon hire and ORAU will use salary survey data, internal comparators, and the candidate's qualifications to determine salary.
ORAU has a strategic approach to providing total rewards to employees through a fair, equitable, and competitive total compensation package. The goal of our total rewards system is to integrate compensation, benefits, work-life balance, performance, recognition, development, and career opportunities to attract, engage, and retain the talent required to achieve ORAU's business objectives. The benefit component of our total rewards program supports business goals by offering the following benefits based on employee eligibility:
- Legally required benefits
- Group Health insurance including: Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision
- Retirement plan contribution matching
- Disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Section 125 reimbursement accounts
- Other voluntary employee paid benefit and insurance offerings.
The ORAU total reward package also promotes work-life balance. Mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, ORAU offers the following additional work-life benefits based on employee eligibility:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible work schedules or compressed work weeks
- Occupational Health and Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.