Here at Westfall Technik, we pride ourselves on being the fastest growing Plastic Injection Manufacturing Company in the USA and soon Globally. While many companies outsource their work, we believe in keeping our jobs in the US. We currently support over 1,500 employees across 15 facilities in the US, and we are still growing.
At our Ansonia, CT site, we invest in our people. Our overall success is largely contributed to our employees' skills and talents, that have been impactful and essential to the growth of our business. Here, you'll get the opportunity to test your knowledge and skills and become a critical player within Westfall. We want you to view your time at Westfall as an investment to your future.
We are currently seeking a Metrologist with the below qualifications:
- Perform product inspection for final release.
- Perform First Article reports.
- Execute Gauge R&R's
- Collect and analyze data for capability, R&R, and validation activity
- Minitab experience
- Perform validation of inspection methods and techniques
- Create labels that identify products and enter counts into the IQMS computer system.
- Maintain data accuracy to provide accurate inventory levels.
- Maintains cleanliness for work areas.
- Comply with ISO procedures and policies.
- Comply with all safety procedures and policies.
- Programming and operation of PC-DMIS and/or Calypso CMM software.
- OGP or similar probe and vision CMM equipment programming and operation
- Create and document programs while maintaining revision tracking and control
- Complete Cpk studies Work closely with Program Manager and Quality Manager to determine root cause and resolve low Cpk results
- Complete validation gauge R&R studies and/or develop testing/inspection methods per customer-specific requirements
- Working with a team in the designing of fixtures, jigs, and other holding items for part inspection
- Conduct calibration for internal measuring tools
Desired Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent and/or technical degree
- 1-3 Years of experience in similar roles within a manufacturing company (Plastics Industry) preferred
- CMM Programming a must
- OGP Programming a must
- GD&T training and understanding
- Experience in the IQ, OQ, PQ Validation process
- Development and implementation of new fixturing and measurement techniques
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Computer knowledge is required. IQMS and Minitab system experience a plus
- Ability to work well with others
- Must be accurate and self-paced
- Must be familiar with visual inspection and packaging requirements
- Proficient in various metrology and measurement techniques
- Strong organization, teamwork, and time management skills
What You'll Love About Us:
- 11 Paid Holidays, Sick Pay, Vacation Pay
- 401K, Plus Employer Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Sponsored Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Parental Leave, and More...
- We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.