The WV Clinical & Translational Science Institute (WVCTSI) at West Virginia University Research Corporation is currently accepting applications for a hybrid Data Manager, ISCORE-RC.
About the Opportunity
As a Data Manager, ISCORE-RC, you will manage all data relevant to the IDeA State Consortium for Clinical Research Resource Center (ISCORE-RC). You will be responsible for extracting, cleaning, compiling and organizing all data relating to ISCORE-RC outcomes, including clinical trial portfolios at ISCORE institutions, certificate program outcomes, and metrics of ISCORE network performance. You will coordinate the implementation of the ISCORE-RC Site Profile Repository and the RSS web feeds customized to ISCORE institutions. It is paramount that you ensure the accuracy and validity of all reported data.
This position requires both an understanding of data manipulation and related technology, as well as management skills to organize and integrate the flow of data across various divisions and sectors and multiple disparate data sources. An important expectation of this position is effective communication and collaboration with all partners. This position will also be responsible for REDCap Cloud management and will oversee the REDCap Coordinator. This position reports to the ISCORE-RC Director.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
- 13 paid holidays ()
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
- And More!!
What you'll do:
- Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and common standards for data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) processes, visualization and data governance.
- Under minimal supervision develop and maintain an ISCORE-RC Site Profile Repository working with ISCORE Network points of contact to highlight sites clinical research capabilities.
- Develop, refine, and maintain site specific RSS web feeds for ISCORE-RC sites.
- Create data visualizations of clinical research certificate metrics.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of relevant standard operating procedures for data collection and management in the ISCORE-RC.
- Effectively organize all collected projected data including certificate enrollment, matriculation, and placement results and satisfaction.
- Serve as the data liaison to the ISCORE-RC partners.
- Create data reports, including summary data as requested.
- Plan and participate in project site visits and team meetings.
- Work closely and cooperatively with ISCORE-RC leadership to develop principles for the effective provision and delivery of technical assistance and dissemination materials and ensure that methods are in line with determined project deliverables and grounded in research/evidence.
- Run occasional REDCap training sessions ranging from introduction classes to more advanced topics related to REDCap.
- Actively participate in writing of reports, journal articles or other documentation of project/project program status and project results.
- Create status reports on plans, progress and results of project activity.
- Make presentations as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, business administration or health related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in project management and/or administrative responsibilities related to sponsored projects.
- Excellent English language oral and written skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient in the use of REDCap and REDCap Cloud.
- Understands data cleaning and harmonization.
- Understands common data models (CDM).
- Understands data migration.
- Ability to combine data from multiple sources.
- Proficient in the use of data visualization tools.
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Maintain appropriate CITI and HIPAA certifications.
- Demonstrated program administration or project management experience preferred with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Group facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skilled in complex problem solving and solution development.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting practices.
- Knowledge of program management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of complex project management practices.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with diverse partners.
- Demonstrated ability to effective and productively work in a multidisciplinary team environment and to effectively coordinate participation of team members from various background.
- Ability to maintain and keep confidential information.
- Established ability to read and interpret documents.
- Demonstrated ability to present information and respond to questions from groups or individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to create and produce clear, concise paper and electronic documents.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Highly adaptable, resilient and open to new ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment and to coordinate participation of team members from various backgrounds under extreme time constraints.
- Strong ability to multi-task multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Capability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations.
About Research Corporation
The WVURC was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
The WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for start-up companies based on University research.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic environment is core to WVURC's mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Sep 29, 2023