Job posting has expiredBack to search results
| University of California - Los Angeles Health|
United States, California, Los Angeles
|October 24, 2023|
Description The Department of Medicine is actively seeking a individual to join our team in the role of a Fund Manager. In this critical position, reporting directly to the Division Administrator and Financial Affairs Manager while closely collaborating with other Department leaders and research administrative staff, you will take charge of the comprehensive management of all pre- and post-award activities pertaining to research grants, whether they be internal or external, that support our team's Principal Investigators (PIs). In this role, you will be responsible for the organization, planning, establishment, and diligent monitoring of fiscal budget management for contracts, grants, gifts, endowments, and privately funded projects associated with faculty research programs. Your expertise will be instrumental in advancing our mission of excellence in research fund management within the Department of Medicine.
Target hourly rate: $28.20-$60.57
* 1-3 years of Financial, clerical or administrative experience
* Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate information in a timely, professional manner and establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, external collaborators, and administration and to work as a member of a team.
* Ability to set priorities and complete ongoing tasks with competing deadlines, with frequent interruptions, to meet the programmatic and financial needs of PIs and the department, while complying with university and funding agency policies and regulations.
* Analytical skills to assess financial information, define problems, formulate logical solutions, develop alternative solutions, make recommendations, and initiate corrective actions
* Organization skills to create and maintain administrative and financial files effectively as well as independently balance the various tasks to ensure deadlines are met
* Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe and Microsoft suite software, especially Excel, to perform daily tasks efficiently and accurately
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance/administration or experience equivalent
* 1-2 years of Research Administration experience