Job posting has expiredBack to search results
IAM MANAGER (REMOTE WITHIN CA)
| University of California Office of the President|
United States, California, Oakland
1111 Franklin Street (Show on map)
|November 25, 2023|
For UCOP internal applicants, please login to the internal candidate gateway at:
UC OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
At the University of California (UC), your contributions make a difference. A world leader producing Nobel and Pulitzer prize recipients with over 150 years of groundbreaking research transforming the world. Choose a career where you can leverage your knowledge, skills and aspirations to inspire and support some of the greatest minds in the world, and those who will follow in their footsteps. Working at the University of California is being part of a unique institution, and a vibrant and diverse community. At the University of California, Office of the President, we propel our mission through impactful work locally, in government centers and systemwide. We are passionate people, serving the greater good.
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the headquarters to the 10 campuses, six academic medical centers and three national laboratories and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world.
* 25% Lead the strategic technical planning, design and delivery of Identity & Access Management solutions and capabilities at UCOP. Architect and drive the next generation of our IAM solutions with a focus on zero trust.
* 25% Establish SLAs, governance processes, best practices and mitigation procedures across development lifecycle and sustainment for all IAM services. Identify and establish procedures to ensure the business continuity, confidentiality and integrity of identity data services. Develop and implement success-driven solutions that align with UCOP's goals and provide the desired outcomes.
* 20% Drive engineering efforts and manage the execution and support of IAM services / projects. Define measurable goals and objectives; identity metrics and solutions that show impact and progress over time. Develops and implements automation workflows to facilitate user provisioning, deprovisioning and access control.
* 15% Collaborate with the different functional and technical partners in solving the unique challenges of securing our environment and ensuring alignment on shared goals for UCOP.
* 10% Provide development and mentorship to staff.
* 5% Develop and maintain documentation for configurations, processes, designs and standard operating procedures
* Min 8 years of IAM solutions and engineering experience.
* Min 2 years of experience in a managerial or technical leadership role.
Skills and Abilities
* Experience in enterprise infrastructure technologies (systems design and architecture, application service management)
* A demonstrable track record of implementing enterprise level scalable IAM systems and solutions e.g. user provisioning / deprovisioning, access control, user flow authentication, federation, etc.
* Experience on IAM and Security products related to authentication, authorization, SSO, MFA, SIEM and/or enterprise security protocols like SAML, OpenID, OAuth, API Access Management.
* Experience in leading teams, managing both delivery and operations of platforms.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical topics to individuals and groups with potentially varied levels of technical sophistication.
* Experience with cloud-based users directory administration and integration, including an understanding of group nesting, multi-domain environments, security groups.
* Experience in CI/CD, DevOps, change management and ability to drive and engage in deep technical troubleshooting.
* Understanding of Directory Services, LDAP Operations, ACL/ACI management.
* Having an understanding and experience with data monitoring and analytics platform.
* Experience with automation and scripting e.g. Powershell, Python.
* Experienced in leading change management activities and managing their impact across the unit or department.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of service delivery principles.
* Experience of analyzing buy vs. build procurement for products for effective and efficient technology use.
* Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
Benefits: For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
California residents (or those willing to relocate) who wish to work onsite, hybrid, or fully remotely will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume with your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW DATE
The first review date for this job is (10/20/2023). The position will be open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background Check Process: Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position.
Smoke Free Work Environment: The University of California, Office of the President, is smoke & tobacco-free as of January 1, 2014.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California , as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
The University of California, Office of the President, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
The University of California, Office of the President, strives to make this job board accessible to any and all users. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at: or email the Human Resource Department at: .