Location:Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category:Clerical and Administrative Support
Patient Service Coordinator Summary:
- The Patient Service Coordinator will handle all administrative (non-clinical) aspects of the patient encounter, assisting each and every patient to achieve the Ideal Patient Encounter, and maintaining accurate information on each patient to facilitate the encounter
- Offers friendly, courteous assistance to every patient to ensure that the patient has a positive, professional experience while at Johns Hopkins
- Since most administrative tasks will be expedited with the use of automated scheduling, registration and billing systems, the patient coordinator will need to be proficient on the appropriate computer systems
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year experience required
- EPIC certification required within 90 days. Medical terminology certification required or must pass JHH medical terminology assessment with grade of 70% or complete 10-12 week medical terminology course with grade of 70% within first year of employment to maintain position.
- Knowledge of business, insurance and/or medical terminology and an excellent command of English grammar and spelling.
- Ability to interact successfully with the public. Ability to perform effectively despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities; maintaining personal composure in high stress situations.
- Ability to demonstrate and convey a favorable image of the organization and to conform to proper standards of professional dress, attitude and demeanor. Ability to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills required to interact with patients, patients' families/visitors and clinical staff.
- Ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy and with meticulous attention to detail. Demonstrate a strong ability to use initiative and judgment and to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Ability to proficiently operate PC's and PC applications.
- Typing 30 wpm; data entry 5000-7000 keystrokes with 10% error rate; following directions with 80% success rate.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/patient-service-coordinator-iii-pain-treatment-center-clerical-and-administrative-support-us-md-baltimore-johns-hop-625027-4febd/