We are excited to announce our opening for an Associate Material Planner on our Materials Management team! This person will be responsible for supporting the material acquisition plans for the multiple programs within the Leidos Defense and Intelligence Business Lines. Must have the ability to work with Programs in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish. Individual will be interfacing with Vendors, Logistics, Receiving, Materials Management, and Strategic Sourcing to ensure program milestones are met.
- Works with Program team to ensure a streamlined procurement process of materials against program requirements.
- Candidate must have the ability to work with programs in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish.
- Maintains reports and monitor material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences.
- Coordinates forecasts, workload, expediting, and acquisition priority with commodity/category team leadership.
- Provides advice to programs as to proper routes to take throughout the materials management and sourcing process that will be to the greatest benefit of the program.
- Places orders through purchasing cards within a specific spend threshold/limit.
- Analyzes material requirements for leveraging opportunities, supplier recommendations, acquisition planning
- Engages supply chain (vendor to manufacturing) to determine optimal acquisition strategy.
- Manages production and delivery schedules.
- Requires a BA degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Good organization and communication skills
- Intermediate Excelexperience (Pivot Tables, Charts, v-Lookups, Bar Charts)
Pay Range:Pay Range $39,650.00 - $71,675.00
- Buying experience
- Supply Chain Management experience
- MRP knowledge or experience
- Knowledge and experience in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements for price and source justification requirements at appropriate levels for purchasing card orders
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.