We are seeking a talented and energetic Engineer to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, good work life balance, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking an Electrical Engineer to provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) located in Ft Worth, TX.
The ideal candidate will support the daily operations of the FAA Central Service Area (CSA) Engineering Services Infrastructure Team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan and design electrical systems for a variety of FAA buildings and structures.
- Perform on-site surveys to develop "to-scale" designs and detailed reports.
- Generate sketches showing relation of proposed installation in existing or new facilities with exact specifications and dimensions.
- Test and analyze power systems and participate in construction inspections and final inspections inclusive of CAI and JAI.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation.
- Coordinate design components with a multi-disciplinary team and generate drawings, wiring diagrams, and wiring schematics as required for site-specific modifications and new construction.
- Prepare construction drawings and prepare site-specific specifications and contract documents and independent cost estimates.
- Perform project management related tasks and communication (including safety plans, sequence of work, cutover plans).
- Generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management Checklists (IRMC), communication plans, project risk register, to meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements.
- Coordinate and complete Work Permits required for potential impact to lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction project activities to meet milestones and deadlines; working directly with stakeholders and contractors.
- Manage and participate in on-site cutovers, testing and restoration of facilities.
- Manage multiple projects towards successful on-time completion.
- Perform internal design reviews of FAA designed power projects.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Power related degree from an accredited College/University and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience designing electrical distribution for commercial, industrial and/or government facilities, including standby engine generator and un-interruptible power systems (UPS)
- Must have experience with power system analysis software such as EDSA Power Analytics and SKM Systems Analysis Power Tools.
- Must be experienced in conducting and interpreting arc flash studies.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and able to organize documentation, and have an awareness of general documentation systems.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
- Knowledge of FAA Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) facilities
- Knowledge of FAA Corporate Work Plan (CWP)
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.