Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Staff Research Associate I - Human Genetics
| University of California - Los Angeles Health|
United States, California, Los Angeles
|November 03, 2023|
1. Assist the PI with developing molecular biology and next-generation sequencing methods for spatial genomic approaches.
2. Tissue preparation and generation of spatial transcriptomic data using Nanostring CosMx equipment.
3. Prepare buffers and solutions.
4. Manage the inventory of reagents and tissue samples used for single-cell experiments.
5. Perform quality control analyses of high-throughput sequencing libraries.
6. Accept Responsible for performance of all laboratory procedures under the direction of supervisors.
7. Keep an up-to-date standard operating procedures (SOPs).
8. Maintain freezers and refrigerators by periodic thawing and cleaning and organizing their contents
9. Manage biohazard and recycle wastes.
10. Ensure adequate supply of liquid nitrogen for cell storage and CO2 for tissues culture.
11. Monitor equipment function and report and arrange for repair of malfunctioning equipment.
12. Clean the tissue culture hood, incubator and surfaces as well as pipettes and pipet aids as needed.
Administrative & General Laboratory Duties:
1. Help organize the laboratory and maintain general cleanliness.
2. Attend group lab meetings, and implementations of protocols.
3. Abide by any procedural changes, policy changes, laboratory safety and general information.
4. Inform principle investigator of personnel problems, difficulties with procedures, equipment or other matters as needed.
5. Notify the supervisor of any need for the inventory and ordering of reagents and supplies.
6. Maintain all laboratory certificates and permit use including preparing new or renewal applications
7. When needed, place orders for the members of the lab with appropriate documentation upon receipt of ordered material.
Qualifications 1. BS in Molecular Biology or related field. (PREFERRED)
2. Knowledge of basic laboratory safety and protocols.
3. Skilled in working with basic laboratory equipment.
4. Ability to perform several tasks at once, communicate clearly and work in a team environment.
5. Previous experience working in a laboratory and conducting research.
6. Knowledge of cell and molecular biology techniques as well as basic genetics
7. Must be responsible and able to work independently, without close supervision. Knowledge of PC computers, spreadsheet and word processing programs.
8. Ability to perform basic technical duties such as logging in reagents and data analyses.