Job posting has expiredBack to search results
| Booz Allen Hamilton|
|parental leave, paid holidays, tuition assistance, tuition reimbursement|
United States, D.C., Washington
|October 12, 2023|
Job Number: R0181294
As an analytics professional, you love diving into data and turning it into meaningful insights. With the abundance of structured and unstructured data, you understand the importance of transforming complex data sets into useful information to solve challenges. As a data analyst at Booz Allen, you can use your skills to support a mission and use data for good. We need a data analyst like you to bring your knowledge to empower citizens to understand data and improve veterans' experiences.
As a client-facing data analyst on our NAVSEA Digital Transformation team, you'll work closely with your clients to understand their questions and needs and then dig into their data-rich environments to help find the pieces of their information puzzle. Not only will you extract and evaluate their data, you'll also help your client interpret the information and recommend how it can be used to make an impact on improving customer experience, reducing friction, increasing productivity, and identifying areas for profitability.
How You'll Contribute:
* Use your technical knowledge to support client and stakeholder relationships in various mission areas.
* Research, develop, and test data methodologies, and generate cross-functional solutions through collection, interpretation, evaluation, analysis of large data sets.
* Contribute to impactful work and guide decision-making across multiple organizations.
* Apply your skills and analytical mindset by simplifying technical requirements and trends, based on audience.
* Present data findings and recommendations to clients and stakeholders using your knowledge of databases, scripting languages such as SQL, Python, R and Microsoft Office Suite.
* Establish quantitative and qualitative metrics and key performance indicators to drive technical outcomes.
* Apply data visualization through different formats such as Qlik, Tableau, and PowerBI.
* Grow your communication and technical skills by merging consulting and big data to create data-centric solutions across the industry.
Work with us to help drive large-scale business and process decisions through data insights.
Join us. The world can't wait.
* Experience with analyzing and extracting key data and information to meet an organization's information system needs and requirements
* Experience with Python
* Experience with Tableau, Qlik, or PowerBI
* Ability to execute projects and tasks with minimal guidance and supervision
* Ability to synthesize and communicate organizational performance based on information from disparate sources
* Ability to translate complex and technical findings into an easily understood narrative, including in graphical, verbal, or written forms
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* Bachelor's degree
Nice If You Have:
* Experience with data validation and cleaning to ensure the quality and integrity of data
* Experience with developing data visualizations and dashboards to communicate key insights
* Ability to apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers
* Ability to comprehend how users interact with core business products
* Ability to analyze data and translate into recommendations
* Ability to work with various teams across the organization
* Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Possession of excellent data gathering, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
A Place Where You Belong
Support Your Well-Being
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen's benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual's particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $58,400.00 to $133,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen's total compensation package for employees.
We're an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change - no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.