We are transforming healthcare to be value-driven, creating a seamless, consumer-centric care experience that maximizes value for all.
We believe that all health consumers are entitled to high quality, coordinated healthcare. We uniquely align the interests of health consumers, providers, and payors to make high-quality healthcare accessible and affordable to all populations across the ACA Marketplace, Medicare, and Medicaid.
Sign-on bonus: $1,000
Centrum Health, a part of NeueHealth, is seeking a Medical Assistant. As a Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the clinic. Our Medical Assistants support providers and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization, and communication accurately, with high quality, and promptly.
This job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Interview patients and document basic medical history
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Update and file medical records and insurance reports
- Arrange hospital admissions and laboratory services
- Maintain documentation and updates of patients' charts into electronic EMR
- Assist during medical examinations
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Handle receivable and payable accounts and keep financial records
- Prepare and clean treatment rooms and medical instruments
- Triage patients promptly
- Explain treatment procedures to patients
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens
- Perform basic laboratory tests
- Instruct patients about medication and special diet instructions as guided by the provider
- Prepare and administer medications, including intramuscular, intradermal, and subcutaneous injections-including vaccinations/immunizations, as directed by the provider.
- Transmitting prescription refills as directed
- Perform other tasks that may include Phlebotomy, taking electrocardiograms, or wound care and changing dressings
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Medical Assistant Certification, LPN, or Associates Degree in a related field such as Healthcare Management
- 1+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinic or provider's office environment
- Superior organizational skills to ensure that exceptional patient care is provided.
- Knowledge of procuring supplies or equipment needed at the clinic.
- Competencies with computer-based healthcare administration systems, like Kareo and MediXcel EMR.
- Bilingual English/Spanish fluency is preferred
- Background check and drug screen required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for liaising with patients, healthcare providers, and specialists, as well as the public.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Respect for patient confidentiality
- Compassionate and approachable
- Responsible and trustworthy
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Medical Assistant Certification or LPN
- The majority of work responsibilities are performed in a medical clinic setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer.
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision coverage, an HSA, an Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and 7 annual company holidays.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of NeueHealth, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.