Enterprise is a national nonprofit that exists to make a good home possible for the millions of families without one. We support community development organizations on the ground, aggregate and invest capital for impact, advance housing policy at every level of government, and build and manage communities ourselves. Since 1982, we have invested $54 billion and created 873,000 homes across all 50 states - all to make home and community places of pride, power and belonging.
Join us at enterprisecommunity.org.
Working at Enterprise
At Enterprise, you'll be part of a diverse, committed team making a difference every day. You will collaborate with some of the smartest minds and biggest hearts in our field. You'll be empowered to drive systems change and take bold steps to advance racial equity. And you will find a career home where you're valued and supported in your growth journey.
Enterprise offers career opportunities in our with an.
Job Description Summary:
Provides leadership, direction and oversight of overall operations for the property, ensuring a safe and attractive living environment for residents and a great place to work for associates, exceptional quality and service, sustained resident satisfaction and associate engagement, operational efficiency, and strong financial results.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
* Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the HEROES principles of HELPFUL, ENGAGED, RESPONSIVE, OUTSTANDING, EXCELLENCE and SUCCESS in all activities and interactions.
* Attracts, retains, coaches, motivates and leads a high-performance team; holds the team accountable for meeting all mission, quality, safety and other performance standards.
* Oversees operations, marketing, financial management and maintenance of the assigned property.
* Continuously monitors the building, grounds, and surrounding areas to ensure that the community is safe, clean, and attractive; presents an exceptional impression for guests and prospective residents.
* Develops the community's annual operating budget and maintenance plans; monitors expenses, revenues and financial metrics; makes recommendations and adjustments as appropriate to achieve financial and other performance targets.
* Interacts routinely with residents; communicates effectively, appropriately, and courteously with residents, associates, management and guests to ensure that all areas of concern are addressed promptly and professionally.
* Implements and monitors compliance with Enterprise Residential's policies and procedures and external regulatory requirements; ensures solid understanding of Enterprise Residential's operational and human resources policies and procedures among all community staff and addresses variances quickly to ensure consistent compliance.
* Leads and directs sales and marketing activities both on and off site to achieve occupancy goals; recommends strategies to adjust activities as needed in response to market conditions, competitive pressures, apartment turnovers, and other factors influencing occupancy; maintains knowledge of competitive properties and market trends and makes recommendations as appropriate.
* Ensures strict compliance with the Fair Housing Act, shows and leases apartments; qualifies prospective residents in compliance with program requirements; manages lease renewal process.
* Collects rents, monitors and manages delinquencies and collections, and maintains accurate records.
* Implements and monitors safety protocols; sets a strong example and holds associates accountable for practicing a culture of safety.
* Promotes resident services initiatives in conjunction with the Resident Services Department; drives efforts at the community level, engaging residents in social and educational activities and events.
* Prepares, monitors, and distributes reports on a variety of operational and financial data.
* Participates in and attends all required training sessions; ensures that all associates are fully trained and aware of job responsibilities.
* Identifies succession candidates and implements career development plans for property level associates.
* Supports other communities as assigned by management.
* Other duties as assigned.
Manages all property staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the property and relevant business development initiatives. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Enterprise Residential policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND TALENTS:
* Minimum three years property management experience or management experience in a related field, at least two years in a supervisory role preferred.
* High School Diploma or G.E.D. * NCHM COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist) & TCS (Tax Credit Specialist) Certification or equivalent certification from a nationally-recognized compliance training program and experience, or ability and commitment to obtain certifications at the next available course offering.
* Demonstrated experience and solid track record in marketing and leasing. Strong financial acumen; Demonstrated ability to understand basic financial statements and to manage expenses and revenue within budgets.
* Ability to lead, direct, and motivate others to innovate and excel.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment demonstrating strong organizational and follow up skills along with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates, residents and external agencies.
* Ability to apply reason, logic, and advanced problem-solving skills to resolve complex and/or sensitive issues.
* Ability to read, in English, at a level sufficient to understand policies and procedures, safety notices, general business correspondence and/or documentation. * Strong computer and keyboarding skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to quickly master new applications.
* Excellent interpersonal skills. Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy. Strong customer service orientation to older adults.
* Strong attention to detail. * Ability to handle a high volume of telephone calls.
* Possess and maintain timely and reliable transportation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Demands While performing the duties of the job, the associate is often required to read, write, stand, walk, climb stairs, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands, and arms, balance, stoop, kneel crouch, talk, and hear. An individual in this position will be required to push, lift or carry weight up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must also have the ability to access all areas of the community without the assistance of an elevator.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate must be available to work for temporary or extended periods at other locations. The associate is exposed to minimal to moderate noise. The associate may be required to work extended periods of time at a computer terminal. The associate occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, humid, and/or extreme cold conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate must be available to travel off-site.