Citizens is pleased to offer this opportunity on a hybrid basis; however, the selected candidate must live within a commutable distance (approximately 50 miles) to Citizens Jacksonville or Tallahassee office. Visa sponsorship is NOT being offered for this position at this time.
This position provides support for performing actuarial analysis of Citizens loss reserves. It also provides support for Citizens' rates, rating procedures and rating plans. The Actuarial Analyst may provide technical assistance regarding actuarial matters to staff in other functional areas and work closely with actuarial consultants.
Models ethical behavior and executes job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values, ethics, and information protection policies.
- Assist with the actuarial calculations to develop property and casualty rates that are sound and defensible.
- Assist with the preparation of data for determining quarter loss reserves.
- Assist with the preparation of rate filings for the Office of Insurance Regulation in compliance with filing requirements. Assist with preparation of supporting materials to substantiate insurance rates. Research and assist in the preparation of material to support rates and/or the rating process.
- Assist with research and draft responses on complaints and requests for information on various basic actuarial matters.
- Provide support for ad hoc actuarial and data issues as they arise.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Basic understanding of rating concepts
- Basic understanding of loss reserving concepts
- Strong analytical and math skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Exposure to data mining skills
- Advance quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-based atmosphere as well as independently when required
- Ability to design reports and information in such a way as to be meaningful to the recipient of the information
- Entry level proficiency of Microsoft Office products including: Access, Excel, Outlook and Word
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics or related subject OR 3 years relevant experience, OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 3 years
- Completion of at least one CAS (Casualty Actuarial Society) exam and actively pursuing ACAS
- Prior intermediate level experience navigating the Internet and working with Excel, Access, Word, Outlook and SQL.
- Understanding of property casualty insurance ratemaking and reserving principles
- Knowledge of catastrophe models
- Experience dealing with a regulatory body on property rate issues
- One year of actuarial analyst experience or related experience
- Completion of at least two CAS (Casualty Actuarial Society) exams and actively pursuing ACAS
Frequent: Operate, Activate, Use, Prepare, Inspect, Place, Detect, Position
Occasional: Move, Traverse
Continuous: Stationary position; Communicate, Detect, Converse with, Discern, Convey, Express oneself, Exchange information; Detect, Determine, Perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect, Estimate, Assess
This is a hybrid position - Selected candidates must live within a commutable distance (approximately 50 miles) to Citizens Jacksonville or Tallahassee office location.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.