Job posting has expired
Special Agent (Police) - Houston, TX
| BNSF Railway
|life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k)
United States, Texas, Houston
|November 30, 2023
Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
* High School diploma or GED
* Must have satisfactorily completed basic police training at a recognized state certified academy
* Must meet peace officer commissioning standards in state in which this job is posted and be commissioned as such and maintain a valid State Peace Office License in that state.
* Must meet BNSF Resource Protection Solutions Team standards as a Special Agent
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Must be willing and able to travel as required
* Must be able and willing to use the company's computer system for creating reports and databases
* Must be physically and psychologically fit, able to successfully pass any required company evaluations and pass an extensive background investigation
* Must successfully complete any required company training for this position
* Must have broad knowledge of railroad industry and operations; particularly as it relates to handling emergency situations such as derailments, load securement, and like events
* Must have a broad knowledge of criminal law and procedures
* Must be able to successfully lead people, often in a stressful critical-event environment
* Must be able to meet any government or Company training and retention standards
* Mustlive or be willingto relocate within 50 miles of the assigned work location
* Eighteen months of successful experience as a full time peace officer with a city, county, state federal or railroad law enforcement agency required
* TCOLE certified peace officer
* Bachelor's degree
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BNSF considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at.