Job posting has expired
Senior Systems Engineer
| iNovex Information Systems
United States, Maryland, Aberdeen
|January 24, 2024
INNOPLEX is seeking Senior Systems Engineers to provide engineering expertise in pursuit of technical solutions to fielded and future electronic warfare systems, tactical enterprise, and challenges facing the Army's current and future forces.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Serves as SETA support to the PM EW&C, PL SSW. PL SSW is the materiel developer for TLS EAB, TSIGS and MDTF ONS.
The Systems Engineer provides engineering expertise in pursuit of technical solutions to fielded and future electronic warfare systems, tactical enterprise, and challenges facing the Army's current and future forces. The Sr. Systems Engineer should possess in depth knowledge of Electronic Warfare (EW), RF Engineering, and Signals Intelligence (SIGINT). The selected candidate will have the opportunity to utilize their experience and knowledge to develop hardware and software to improve systems requirements document and specification, back-end signal processing of next generation RF systems including SIGINT and Electronic Warfare (EW) sensors.
* Working with intel and electronic warfare analysts to characterize adversary electronic orders of battle to include specific analysis on threat radar systems and blue force system's ability to detect and intercept a given set of threats.
* Conduct analysis, subsystem analysis, architecture/subsystem decomposition, requirements and algorithm design, implementation, integration, verification, and maintenance of ground-based SIGINT and EW systems.
* Exercise a strong knowledge of EW and SIGINT systems and subsystems to develop system and subsystem specifications necessary for meeting performance metrics against a given set of threat signals of interest.
* Understanding of supporting technologies including pulse detectors, de-interleaving, pulse descriptor word generation and spectrum survey strategies associated with counter Radar operations.
* Collaborate across multi-functional teams to identify opportunities for improving use cases, CONOPS, CONEMP, and TTPs.
* Participate in algorithmic design and machine learning frameworks including classification and identification techniques.
* Ability to self-manage and pace responsibilities to ensure completion of all required activities in a timely manner.
* Conceives new concepts and approaches to resolve engineering problems.
* Identifies existing or potential problems and provides engineering advice and guidance and/or directs a course of action to resolve engineering matters.
* Develops presentations for support activities and/or higher headquarters to summarize results of actions against predetermined plans, current status or plans, progress, deficiencies, and outstanding accomplishments.
BS (MS or Ph.D. preferred) in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics, or similar field.
* Clearance: TS/SCI
* 5-10 years of experience with Radio Frequency (RF) ISR systems to include radar, SIGINT and Electronic Support (ES) systems.
* Knowledge of domain specific radar principles, including signal processing, target acquisition; target tracking, resource management, discrimination, and battle manager interfaces.
* Knowledge of domain specific SIGINT principles including signal detection and estimation theory, data and signal processing, generation of the Pulse Descriptor Words and ELINT Notations (ELNOTs). Calculation of lines of bearing and geo-locations associated with Electronic Support and SIGINT systems and networked systems.
* Experience using tools such as MATLAB or Python for analysis of data sets.
* Experience with running and modifying simulations and performing analysis.
* Minimum of 25% travel required to Army and contractor locations within CONUS.
* Position is located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
* Telework available up to 3 days per week.
* Alternate/flexible work schedule available.
Must have active TS/SCI Clearance
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.