Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Under general direction; operates switchboard; DCI Terminal; VH, UHF, and 800MHz radios; CCTV System, and monitors are hardwired and IP alarm notifications.
Public Safety staff, Physicians, patients, UNC Lenoir Health Care and physician office staff, Department of Criminal Information (DCI), Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC), and NC Aware (NCA), and other external customers.
- High School Diploma OR GED
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Prior telecommunicator, switchboard, or operator experience preferred but not required.
- Must be certified by Division of Criminal Information (DCI) as a DCI operator or must be certified with 6 months of start date.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language, including grammar and spelling, and the ability to make thoughts and plans verbally understood are required. Computer and software skills required including MS Word, MS Excel, Email, and ability to learn CCTV and Access Control Software and other alarm monitoring software.
- Standard Office setting. Continuously working indoors; dust from paperwork; work environment is formal and informal and includes variable tasks, pace, and pressure; work is performed in office and in meeting rooms; works under minimal supervision.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability to work in an office setting and operate office equipment for twelve hour shifts. Continuous sitting and upward and downward flection of the neck; fine finger dexterity; light to moderate finger pressure to manipulate keyboard, equipment controls, and office equipment; pinch grasp to manipulate writing utensils. Frequent side-to-side turning of neck, walking, bending, stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting at waist; moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials. Occasional squatting, kneeling, and reaching above and at shoulder; moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals.
Legal Employer: Lenoir Health
Entity: UNC Lenoir Health Care
Organization Unit: Public Safety
Work Type: Per Diem
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: LENOIR MEM
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No