Registered Nurse Float
West Warwick, RI 02893, USA * Woonsocket, RI 02895, USA
Friday, December 8, 2023
Thundermist's Mission - To improve the health of our patients and communities by delivering exceptional health care, removing barriers to that care, and advancing healthy lifestyles.
Please note, effective September 1,2021, all Thundermist employees are required to have an initial dose of vaccine to prevent Covid-19. Effective October 1, 2021, all employees of RI licensed health care facilities must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Employees may be deemed exempt from this requirement based on documentation from their health care provider.
Innovative Nursing Role where there are opportunities for training to increase clinical experience. Looking for a nurse who is willing to grow with the department and help define the role to better support the needs of our patients and communities. Anticipated areas of growth are infusions, partner visits, employee health, and more!
Location: Woonsocket and West Warwick
Eligible for a $1,500 Sign-On Bonus
- Provides clinical and technical support in a community health center urgent care setting.
- Provides independent quality triage and patient care utilizing strong assessment skills to all age groups receiving treatment and evaluation.
- Patient care utilizing strong assessment skills to all age groups receiving treatment and evaluation.
- Provides high-quality clinical and customer service response by promptly prioritizing triage calls and uses established practice guidelines to offer advice and health information.
- Conducts nursing patient visits, and testing and performs IV infusions/treatment.
- Acts as a resource person for other nurses, medical assistants, and staff regarding client preparation, needs, and procedures needed.
- Current State of Rhode Island Registered Nurse license
- Two or more years of nursing experience preferred
- Ambulatory Health Care experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with patients, providers, other members of the health care team, other disciplines, and community agencies.
- Professionalism, self-starter, leadership skills, triage skills, documentation skills, and teaching skills
- BLS certification required
- Successful completion of competency (oral and written) for CLIA waived test
Moderate physical activity, walking, standing, stooping, and occasional lifting. Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens, infectious diseases i.e. respiratory (Covid-19, Tuberculosis), and biohazardous materials. Manual dexterity for injections, and computer use.
Work Schedule Demands:
As scheduled during hours of operation (inclusive of week-end and evening hours as assigned) with occasional unscheduled overtime. Holidays as needed
- Interpreting medical terminology.
- Uses all available methods of communication with patients such as interpreting, counseling, group discussion, written materials, and visual aids.
- Has sensitivity to the patient population we serve, by identifying cultural, social, and economic characteristics.
- Able to document clearly, competently, and concisely in the medical record. Able to assist with clinical audits; databases as assigned.
- Ability to work as a team member for performance improvement initiatives Ability to maintain the confidentiality of the information and communicate in a professional manner with patients, families other staff, and outside contact
Confidentiality of Information:
Full access to the patient's medical record. Maintains confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA at all levels of patient interaction.
Significant Job Functions:
- RN duties include triage, assessment, point-of-care testing, all physician-ordered treatments, discharge, and patient education.
- Provide direct and indirect care that is safe, ethical, patient- and family-centered, culturally congruent, and evidence-based.
- Manages incoming referrals for treatment and schedules patients accordingly.
- Assess and treat patients in a fast-paced, high-volume urgent care setting.
- Obtain and document all current patient medication and allergies within the EMR.
- Assist providers in urgent care procedures. Implement orders for injections, IV insertions, and IV infusions.
- Initiate outpatient infusions/treatment as ordered. Establish and maintain IV access as indicated. Monitor the patient's vital signs per the protocol and assess for any adverse reactions during the infusion and as indicated post-infusion.
- Receive, triage, and respond to incoming telephone calls from patients seeking clinical direction and advice. Identifies emergent situations and effectively triages to a higher level of care.
- Uses standardized adult and pediatric protocols. Seeks assistance when a protocol is not available or when clinically appropriate.
- Assesses patients for potentially communicable diseases and utilizes infection control precautions. Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Notifies patients of test results under the guidance and knowledge of providers.
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral, and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Perform ordered point-of-care testing (CLIA), including specimen collection, and proper documentation.
- Demonstrate proper medication and vaccine management processes.
- Maintain and stock rooms, IV carts, and other supplies as needed to meet the needs of the department. Check all equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality of information at all times during their urgent care visit.
- Perform other work duties as requested/ directed. Work cooperatively with co-workers and communicate with department employees, patients, and visitors.
- Assumes responsibility for professional continuing education Maintains OSHA and HIPPA guidelines Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Utilize standing orders and SOP's. Actively participates in performance improvement activities
Confidentiality of Information:
Thundermist is dedicated to securing the privacy and confidentiality of protected health information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. It is the responsibility of all employees to comply with state and federal guidelines in accessing sensitive information. Additionally, this role will have access to sensitive agency information. The incumbent must apply strict confidentiality.
Thundermist is dedicated to the goal of building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce committed to caring for patients in a manner that is respectful of cultural difference. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- West Warwick, RI 02893, USA
- Woonsocket, RI 02895, USA