The Massage Therapist is responsible for providing massage therapy to chiropractic patients, including normalization of soft tissues affected by injury, illness and stress through the use of manual techniques that improve circulation, enhance muscular relaxation, relieve pain, reduce stress enhance immune function or promote health and well-being. Responsible for specializing in the use of and the application of therapeutic massage techniques such as effleurage, stroking, gliding, petrissage, or kneading, tapotment, percussion, friction, vibration, compression and stretching activities as they pertain to massage therapy.
Reports to the Operations Manager
- Provide massage therapy for chiropractic patients.
- Provide safe appropriate and effective massage therapy techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge and willingness to learn about Chiropractic philosophy and techniques.
- Obtain initial and updated health history on all massage therapy patients prior to each treatment.
- Document health information in medical record.
- Explain procedures, apply techniques appropriate to individual patient needs, based upon assessment.
- Observe patient reaction to massage and modify as necessary. Solicit feedback and respond accordingly.
- Document all therapy performed according to clinical records standards.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to age and gender related issues during all patient interactions.
- Comply with the Springfield Clinic incident reporting policy and procedures.
- Adhere to all OSHA and Springfield Clinic training & accomplishments as required per policy.
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to SC Way customer service philosophy.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Graduate of a COMTA accredited School of Massage.
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience.
- Previous experience in a chiropractic office is preferred.
- Hold a current Illinois license in Massage Therapy (LMT). Member of the Massage Therapy Association.
- Current certification by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodyworks preferred.