Umicore | Diversity Employer
The Umicore Way is the cornerstone of everything we do at Umicore.
Our strategy sets out our business goals and growth ambitions for the coming years, as well as our sustainability and broad environmental, social and governance objectives. The Umicore Way outlines our values and the way in which we wish to achieve these goals as well as our overall commitment to the principles of sustainable development. We believe that the broad values and aspirations captured in this document should be applicable in all contexts – in different regions, cultures and business situations. The Umicore Way is not only for Umicore employees but also covers our relationships with all our stakeholders.
The Umicore Way is supplemented by detailed company codes and charters including the Umicore Code of Conduct, the 2020 Belgian Code on Corporate Governance, the Umicore Corporate Governance Charter and the Umicore Dealing Code.
The values of openness, innovation, respect, teamwork and commitment are crucial to our success. We promote these values and ensure that deficiencies in living up to these values are addressed in an appropriate way.
- We communicate openly, accurately and with enthusiasm. We provide reliable and relevant information on our activities in a timely, regular manner within the limits of commercial confidentiality. We consider interaction important and therefore have a positive attitude towards constructive dialogues with all of our stakeholders.
- We believe in continuously searching for better ways of doing things. We believe that innovation is the ultimate driver for long-term profitability and growth. We are open to new ideas and ready to take considered risks.
- We show respect for each other and for cultures, customs and values in our dealings with employees and others who have a stake in our activities. We do not compromise on occupational health and safety and act in an environmentally responsible manner.
- We believe in teamwork to achieve our goals. We encourage a flow of information across divisional, functional and geographical borders to make full use of all our knowledge and experience. By working together towards shared goals, we expect our people to derive pride, satisfaction and fun from their work.
- We believe in keeping our promises, adhering to high performance standards and continuously searching for the best solutions we can possibly deliver.
As we strive to be a preferred employer of both current and potential employees, and are committed to their wellbeing, we are guided by the following principles:
- We do not compromise on safety and seek to create an accident-free working environment for all.
- We aim to ensure Umicore is a healthy place to work and we seek to continually improve our occupational health performance.
- We empower all our employees to contribute to our success. Performance is appraised regularly and rewarded equitably.
- We support our employees, offer them training and challenge them with development possibilities.
- We believe in equal opportunities, fairness, inclusion and diversity. We recruit and promote on the basis of qualifications for the work to be performed.
- We support the right to collective bargaining and engage in constructive dialogue with our employees and their representatives.
Search among Umicore jobs
no jobs found