Responsible for preparing and cooking meals for patients. Support dieticians, follow individual dietary plans, and comply with sanitary and food handling regulations.
- Assist with meal preparation by handling tasks like chopping vegetables and baking desserts.
- Serve meals by placing specific amounts and types of food on resident and patient plates.
- Set up the dining area and later clean it up after individuals have finished their meals.
- Discard leftovers, take out the trash, clean food stations, wash dishes, and sweep floors.
- Maintain an inventory of the food in the kitchen to ensure there is enough of each item.
- Estimate how much food is needed during a period of time and order supplies as needed.
- Store food properly, keep the kitchen clean, and follow all food safety guidelines.