Responsible for coordinating all the logistics and details of various events. Meet with clients to learn about their visions, choose venues, and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Develop the event concept; decide on the overall theme, purpose, and goals of the event.
- Align the event concept with the objectives of the organization that is hosting the event.
- Establish who the event is targeting, what their needs are, and how to best reach them.
- Understand marketing and demographics in order to effectively identify the target audience.
- Outline and communicate the scope of the event (e.g., time, date, location, and budget).
- Visit and inspect event venues, negotiate vendor contracts, and ensure vendors get paid.
- Create and manage an event budget and estimate all the associated costs (e.g., venue rental fees, catering costs, and entertainment expenses).
- Coordinate all aspects of the event, including vendors, technology, transportation, and staff.