Gas Station Attendant
Responsible for collecting payments from patrons frequenting a gas station. Accept payments for gas, food, medicine, cigarettes, or alcohol and deliver change. Fill patrons' gas tanks if necessary.
- Collect money from patrons at a gas station.
- Dispense change.
- Fill up gas tanks if asked.
- Dispense lottery tickets.
- Collect and dispose of trash outside.
- Provide customers with receipts.
- Charge purchases to customers' credit cards.
- Verify age of customer if they are purchasing alcohol or cigarettes.
- Answer questions and provide directions if needed.
- Lubricate vehicle, change motor oil, add water, install antifreeze, or replace lights or other accessories.
- Repair or replace tires.
- Replace windshield wiper blades.
- Activate fuel pumps.
- Adjust brakes and replace spark plugs.
- Sell food and grocery items.
- Charge or replace batteries.
- Operate car washes.
- Give customers directions.
- Sell prepared food, including deli sandwiches, pizza, hotdogs, and pretzels.
- Prepare daily reports of fuel and oil.
- Wash windshields and check fluid levels and air pressure in tires.
- Clean gas station bathrooms.
- Count money in cash drawers.
- Operate price scanners.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Call police to report suspicious activity in and around gas station.