Responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing an organization’s administrative functions. Recruit and hire new employees, strategize with senior leaders, and establish new workplace policies.
- Oversee the hiring and onboarding processes for new employees.
- Create job descriptions, post job openings, conduct interviews, and extend job offers.
- Ensure that new hires finish necessary paperwork, learn about company policies, and receive the necessary training and support to be successful in their roles.
- Handle employee complaints, investigate workplace issues, and mediate employee conflicts.
- Maintain and update records showing employee performance, absences, and compensation.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that promote a positive work environment.
- Set performance goals, conduct performance reviews, and provide progress updates.
- Enroll employees in health insurance and other benefits programs and manage claims.
- Take corrective action when necessary, such as issuing warnings and terminating employment.
- Investigate complaints of discrimination and harassment and address other employee concerns.
- Manage the budget for human resources and plan company and community events.
- Identify training needs, design programs, and coordinate with providers to offer the training.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and make recommendations for improvements.