Responsible for preventing drownings and other water-related injuries. Supervise swimmers, conduct swimming lessons, and handle emergencies.
- Ensure the safety of swimmers, explain and enforce the rules, and rescue people in peril.
- Identify potential hazards and take action to prevent accidents.
- Maintain orderliness in and around the swimming area, locker rooms, and bathrooms.
- Know how to perform CPR and first aid in the event of an accident or medical emergency.
- Communicate effectively with swimmers and other staff members.
- Check and repair pool equipment and monitor the water temperature and pool chemicals.