Responsible for moving, storing, and handling materials in warehouses and manufacturing facilities. Load and unload products, move stock to fulfill orders, and coordinate with others to meet deadlines.
- Operate forklifts, cranes, and trucks to load and unload boxes, crates, and other materials.
- Place materials in an organized fashion in designated areas of a warehouse or facility.
- Move items to and from delivery trucks, loading docks, and storage and manufacturing areas.
- Identify, pull, pack, and load customer orders in correct quantities so they can be shipped.
- Maintain inventory by labeling materials and recording their location in the warehouse.
- Prevent accidents by being aware of various storage procedures for different material types.
- Check incoming shipments for accuracy and prepare outgoing shipments for transport.
- Retain knowledge of proper packaging and shipping procedures so materials are shipped safely.
- Maintain equipment by regularly cleaning and inspecting it and repairing it as needed.
- Leverage a familiarity with maintenance procedures to prevent equipment accidents and injuries.