Responsible for supporting teachers and students. Provide one-on-one tutoring, organize educational materials, and help manage the classroom.
- Work under the supervision of a licensed professional to give instructional and behavioral support and assistance to students with disabilities.
- Provide one-on-one and small group instruction and assist with classroom activities.
- Develop and implement Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) for students with special needs.
- Establish a thorough understanding of each student and the goals and objectives of their IEP.
- Help teachers with administrative tasks like grading, making copies, and taking attendance.
- Communicate effectively with students, educators, upper management, and peers.
- Enforce the rules of the classroom and various positive behavior disciplines.
- Support students with personal care activities like handwashing and shoe-tying.
- Maintain a positive attitude even in challenging situations.
- Supervise students during lunch, recess, school trips, and other activities.