The External Logistics Process Improvement Analyst is responsible for global logistics, Supply Chain, IT, and organization projects as well as the implementation, follow-up and results of the projects; ensures a cross function for External Logistics for Liebherr Mining factories and affiliates worldwide; and is responsible for the day-to-day communications, presentations and information flow within the department.This position will also function as the liaison with other departments involved in the audit and implementation of processes under the responsibility of External Logistics (i.e.: Quality, Human Resources, Sales and Customer Support). This position will coordinate with these departments to ensure the optimal and efficient handling and processing of packaging, customs, transport, handling operations, lashing, safety and security.This position is responsible for the reviewing and analysis of the performance of various procedures at the company and making recommendations for improvements. Responsibilities focus on observing staff, reading quality reports, and determining how to make operations more efficient, gathering data, creating reports, and presenting improvement suggestions to management.
- Assists in the identification, development and implementation of process improvements to meet business goals.
- Audits external logistics departments of MIN-factories, Affiliates or Mixed Sales Companies globally as agreed with management.
- Identifies and manages resources for process improvement projects.
- Assists in planning and executing process improvement projects.
- Provides support and guidance to Team when needed.
- Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality.
- Assists in developing process improvement policies and infrastructure.
- Optimizes or redesigns process flows to meet project requirements.
- Maintains and updates all process related documents for reference purposes.
- Trains resources in process improvement techniques.
- Monitors process performance and improvements in key metrics.
- Works with management to define the short-term and long-term objectives and potential gains.
- Assists in determining project scope and schedule based on business needs and customer requirements.
- Coordinates and collaborates with Liebherr departments, affiliates, suppliers and other companies globally to develop appropriate documentation to meet all required regulatory and company requirements within the Global External Logistics environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Transport/Logistics or Quality coordination (audit) or equivalent combination of education with 3-5 years of relevant experience, or a Master degree with 1-2 year of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of costing for all modes of transportation; containerized, truckload, oversized, air, small package, domestic and international.
- Knowledge of Baan or equivalent ERP system including planning engines.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Project Management software; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Power BI, etc.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts and apply concepts of algebra and geometry to derive dimensions and weights needed to optimize the distribution chain.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all stakeholders.
- *Creativity/Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies.
- Professionalism: Dealing directly and forthrightly with people and problems, persisting to get the job done, and managing personal responses and stress.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Ability to proficiently communicate orally and in writing in English and one of the following: French, German, or Spanish is a plus, but not a requirement.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Silva at: .
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.