The Technical Sales Manager's primary purpose is to expand the North American (NA) Home Care market, known as the HI&I (Home, Industrial, and Institutional) market, by identifying and developing strategic sales partnerships with existing and potential customers and implementing the SNF Specialty Chemicals global strategy in North America. This position will focus on polymers and chemical additives for new and existing products by coordinating the Company's technical, research, manufacturing, logistics, and marketing capabilities to assist in expansion and diversification. This position will manage direct key customer house accounts and distribution partners in North America.
LOCATION: Home Office.
- Lead the Company's North American sales growth and diversification efforts by implementing the SNF HI&I market strategy, securing core business for the long term, and increasing SNF market share with new or existing specialty chemical additives.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the SNF product range with respect to the HI&I market and its technical value versus competitive offerings.
- Obtain and evaluate critical market intelligence information capable of leading SNF into possible new market segments and applications and helping SNF gain better knowledge of competitive situations in the NA market.
- Represent SNF in key strategic Trade Association meetings and identify opportunities for SNF exhibits at targeted HI&I Trade Shows.
- Continue to develop relationships, increase penetration of existing customers, and coordinate all aspects of current core business.
- Manage the North American distribution network and provide technical support to our partner Distributors.
- Follow up on all customer sample evaluations, validations, future technical needs, forecasts, and orders, including delivery and quality issues, and coordinate with sales, customer service, planning, logistics, quality, and R&D labs as necessary.
- Define value propositions for targeted customers and develop key account plans for strategic customers.
- Lead new business development initiatives to capture business at new customers.
- Provide feedback to the R&D or technical departments on existing and potential customer requirements for new or existing products.
- Participate in projects for designing and developing new products for customers in our HI&I market and summarize market trends.
- Lead implementation on new product market introduction and be a key driver of new business strategies and/or new products where applicable in our Sales and Manufacturing organization.
- Efficiently communicate with all SNF global Specialties organization levels to promote cross-fertilization of new opportunities and actively participate in global key strategic accounts management.
- Understand the sage handling, health and safety rules, and SDS's for products in our markets. Explain to customers the safe handling, storage, and use of SNF products. Comply with all safety practices and environmental regulations applicable to the customer site.
- Understand the environmental legislation and trends relative to Home Care products and be able to explain to customers the impact of environmental legislation as it relates to SNF products.
- The position reports to the North American Specialty Chemicals Business Director.
- The Technical Sales Manager must interface locally and globally with Sales, R&D, Production Planning, Quality, Technical, Legal (including patents), Regulatory Compliance, Logistics, Customer Service, and Customers.
- A Bachelor of Science in Chemistry is required.
- A minimum of five years of polymerization lab or applications experience is required, with knowledge of SNF and its competitors' polymer chemistries and formulations used in the Home Care HI&I or related market or products, focusing on laundry applications, hard surface cleaning and performance enhancement, and fragrances encapsulation. Combined sales experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of additive mixture chemistries in the HI&I or related market is required.
- The position requires excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Must be Microsoft Office literate at the intermediate to advanced level.
- Ability to travel at least 60% of the time with occasional international travel.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Days
- Incidental Days
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Development & Training